What is one thing different that you can do each day this summer to feel better physically and mentally? How can you bring more fun into your workout, work, family, and life? Here is a list to help you get started:
What is ONE thing I can add to my summer workout routine that would increase my fitness in the least amount of time?
- 3-Minute Core Workout
- 5 minutes of doing hand weight exercises
- Running drills (High Skips, Butt Kicks, Grapevines)
What is ONE thing I can add to my daily food intake to increase my nutrition?
- 1 extra fruit or vegetable
- Eating a healthy breakfast
- Adding a whole grain
What is ONE thing I can do for someone each day to add fun to our lives?
- Find one person to gift every day (a kind word, a note, a flower, an email, a visit,…)
- Practical joke (leaving a flower or photo on the car windshield of a friend, write a nice note on the sidewalk of someone’s workplace, leave a few glow-in-the-dark toys ($1 stores have lots of these things) in dark places in workplaces or at home, …use your imagination and have fun!)
What is ONE simple thing I can give myself each day?
- Sit with eyes closed for 1 minute
- Listen to a favorite song
- Dance, jump rope, bike,…
- Stop on the way home from work and walk in the park for 10 minutes
Your Partner in Health,
Carol Frazey, M.S.